Google

Monday, December 05, 2005

Socks with Cables...


I started the Debbie Bliss Socks with Cables tonight. Everything went along well until I hit the heel. I have knitted 6 or 7 pairs of socks with a turned heel and love them. This is my first short row heel. I had attempted this on a Christmas stocking once, but never was successful. I went searching the web and found some great help!

KnitWerk saved me from a lot of frustration.
  • www.knitwerk.com Archives 10/28/05 (Short Rows Links and Tutorials

  • The links I used and that helped me the most were:
    • No photos, but step-by-step instructions from Woolworks
    • This pattern from Hellchick.net wraps stitches twice (when you pick up and knit one wrap, you wrap the next stitch again)

    I received my Interweave Knits yesterday. I rushed out to get the yarn for the "Mowat Mukluks". The Foxy is expensive, but if you knit them for someone very special, it's worth it! If I can part with them they're going to my mom.

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Piper
    I am so impressed with your personal blog site. I feel reconnected after a phenomenal Christmas. I love my vest and top. We are all working on Vince so he can be home on Sunday the 22nd. It will be a great time to spend time with Allison. You will be so proud of my scarf which has become my Allie scarf. I am ready to fringe any suggestions. I got out my Stitch and Bitch book. Are those good directions.
    Love you, Aunt Linda

    1/03/2006 9:53 AM  
    Blogger takechildren2adore said...

    Love the socks! Where is the Debbie Bliss pattern found? I have never knit cables and this might be a good start! I have had an itch to try them lately.

    ps. Nice to meet you! I am a wife and mom of 6 with no time to knit but i try anyway!

    2/18/2006 2:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Locations of visitors to this page