Google

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I have some caughting up to do...

Since my last post, I've been going non-stop. In April the In-laws came to visit for Easter and 2 days before going to Italy I went on a Girl's weekend to Virginia (Shannon's Bachelorette Weekend). Dad flew in to stay with the pups, while DH and I went on a 12 days trip to Italy! Treviso, Venice, Rome...I miss them all. The next week, I was visiting P-town for a belated Mother's day visit. This was the 1st year in 10 or more that I haven't done the Race for the Cure with my mom :(
June could not have been busier or more fun. It started out at Camp Stitches in Lake Junaluska (more about that to follow). The next weekend was Shannon's wedding, then DH and I spent a long weekend in the Isle of Palms, SC for our 7th Anniversary. We saw our favorite band Cowboy Mouth 3 times! What a blast and as usual it was high energy. Can't wait to see them this weekend in Charlotte! Tomorrow with wrap up my month with Mom and Grandma coming to visit.

I knitted quite a bit through all that, but currently knitting is going slow. I am working on the Slouchy Cardigan from the new book "Greetings from Knit Cafe" using Blue Sky Alpaca Sport. I start this sweater on the way to my Camp Stitches. What a great experience that was. It was the 1st of many Stitches Events to come! I took a Fair Isle class with one of my favorites, Candace Eisner Strick. I learned a ton about color choices and I did my first steek!


I finished the Reid sweater from Knitty! Once I have a picture of Allie in it, I'll post it. On the way to Italy I knitted my new nephew, Michael a pair of "Picky Pants" from Little Turtle Knits. I also had a pair of socks going while in Italy. Those are finished and displayed in the store.


Of course, I purchased some yarn in Italy. I had to be a little conservative, DH was monitoring suitcase space. My 1st purchase was from 'la pecora nera' in Treviso. I bought 2 balls of Sesia Naif and 1 Ball became this cute pair of soakers for Allie. Sesia seemed to be the only brand in the Italian stores I hadn't seen or couldn't get here. They had a lot of the Laines du Nord and Filatura di Crosa. Although I didn't compare prices, the Sesia seemed to be very reasonable.


On my way to Peoria, I started the Color on Color Scarf from Scarf Style. It went really fast at the beginning. I think I am on section 15. I became distracted by my new book Knit Cafe that I have abandoned all other projects... My quest this coming month is to finish up all those UFO's that are starring at me from the corner, as if to say "Knit me...Knit me...Don't forget about me..."

Oh and did I mention I taking a sewing class. I need another hobby like a hole in the head, but I am so exicted about it. I just completed my 1st purse last night.

Look for more sewing to come...Maybe even some incorporated into some knitting...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I ever feel privileged to have you for a niece. I am so proud of you. Allie and Michael are so blessed to have you in their lives. I am getting so anxious to visit Charlotte. Give our love to Chris and especially to Gizmo and Tubby.
Love you
Aunt Linda

6/24/2006 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page