Google

Sunday, July 23, 2006

CUBS WINS, CUBS WINS!!!


Dad and I were lucky enough to see the Cubs Wins on Thursday. We had a great time and our seats were excellent!




I feel like I did a Chicagoland tour. I went to Northbrook on Wed. night to see my sister-in-law and her family. Her boys are getting so big. I wish we could see them more often. We did a lot of catching up, wonderful and long overdue. We headed downtown Thurs. morning, where I met up with Dad and we were off to the cubby Bear for a pre-game celebration. It was a perfect day for a baseball game. It rained all morning, then an hour before the game it stopped, and stayed overcast for the rest of the day. Friday morning we were off to Naperville to see an Aunt and Uncle. This was one of those trips that makes me really miss my family!

Oh the stories I could write about my air travels! I called ahead to make sure everything was running on time and of course my flight was delayed - 2 hrs, which grew to 3 hrs, then 4. We decided we would go to dinner then to the airport (let Friday Chicago rush hour traffic die down), until I called to see when the latest I could check in for the delayed flight...the agent advised I should be there for my original flight time (which was only an hour from the time I called) as the 4 hour delay was only approximate and could be moved up at any time. So, my Uncle, Dad and I jumped in the car and were off to the airport and arrived 2 hours later. Traffic was bumper to bumper. Luckily I had no problems checking in and only had to wait 2 hours at the airport. I was just thankful the delays were on the tail end of my trip. Thank goodness for knitting, it makes delays a little more tolerable. I finished 1 sock while in Chicago and started the other waiting to fly out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you and dad at Wrigley. So glad you had time to catch up with so much family. It is only a week and a day before we leave for Charlotte. I know the time is going to go too fast but will make me want to come back. We all need you taking good care of yourself...

7/26/2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page